Queen Bee Pancakes
Mother's Day is upon us and the best way to spoil a Queen Bee is with breakfast in bed. These light and fluffy pancakes will surely impress her.
2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
4 tbsp (52g) sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups (360ml) milk
4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a large measuring jug, combine the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and gently fold them together until well combined, but still a little lumpy. Don't over mix them or they could end up tough.
4. Set the mixture aside to rest while you heat the pan, about 5 minutes. Any remaining lumps start to soften as the moisture soaks in. Gently stir again.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt a little butter to grease it. Pour mixture onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake. I used about 3 tablespoons per pancake.
6. Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook until golden.
7. Fantastic! You now have a stack of fluffy pancakes to spoil mum with on Mother's day. Top with fresh fruit and drizzle with some of our delicious Bush Honey.